Search the forum,

Discuss Gabarron CMX15 Safety Cut-out tripping in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Alan-N

Hi Gents, full disclosure. Electrician not a plumber. Got called to look at a Gabarron CMX15 that was dead, discovered the Safety Limiter device on the CH side had tripped, reset it and bled the radiators are recharged to 1.5bar per the manual. long story short it has tripped a couple of times since. Done it today while I was there after only being powered up for 5 minutes, the water was stone cold and the Sr value was 18 (from the diagnostic routine) , it also this time refused to reset even with the mains power off. In my mind the device itself is faulty. I did call Elnur UK but the bloke didn't seem to have a clue and wanted me to send him all the details in an email, never got any reply. Am I missing any other reasons for that switch to keep tripping

Update : Elnur (UK agents for Gabarron) got back to me and asked me to turn off HW & CH and check with a clamp meter what the boiler was drawing. I was dubious but gave it a go. Boiler with nothing on was drawing just under 3KW, and I could hear water starting to boil. This they tell me is a faulty main PCB causing one of the elements to never turn off, hence it keeps working until the safety cut-out pops.

Reply to Gabarron CMX15 Safety Cut-out tripping in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock