Currently reading:
Flue gas recovery

Discuss Flue gas recovery in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thorn

Does anyone fit many of these. If so what are they like? Have been asked to fit a Vaillant one, main issue seems to be space. It's to go in a Kitchen cupboard so don't think it's going to happen or boiler will be too low to worktop!
thanks

Mainly to comply with new builds I was told. Really expensive and probably won't make it's money back over the life of the boiler

New build to meet required SAP rating is my understanding. In the real world, a load of pish in my opinion.

I thought it might be new build orientated, doesnt seem to be too easy to retro fit in most domestic situations, and as mentioned, they seem seriously expensive for the supposed savings

First manufacturer to integrate this into a boiler at a reasonable price (if that is even physically or financially possible) will be quids in! Weather compensation seems a lot more cost effective - and less ugly

First manufacturer to integrate this into a boiler at a reasonable price (if that is even physically or financially possible) will be quids in! Weather compensation seems a lot more cost effective - and less ugly
Logic code has one i think.

Logic code has one i think.

Yep, they do, serviced one a few weeks back, new build house, kitchen fitters had out a cupboard around it which stopped the casing come off. Got to love a kitchen fitter!

Every condensing boiler has flue gas recovery to a certain extent so there can't be more than a few percent to still from flue gases ..

The flue gas has to be about 10c hotter that what it's transferring to that's why if you run at 63c u get condensing almost 100% of time.

Cold comes in at 7c so plenary if scope to recover heat from poc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue gas recovery in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back