Discuss Flue clamp screws in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mountainman

I usually only write up flue clamps with no additional securing screws as NCS, but I've been told by an engineer that he understands them to be AR.

Any thoughts gang?

Nope gas safe pulled an installation by a fitter who subsequently left me to fix all probs flue only got a ncs.

You mean the flues clipped but no screws in the elbows? That can be classed as ncs however it takes 30 seconds to correct

hi jacking the thread the last vaillant i fitted clamp on,screws in i could still see daylight through the end of the clampremoved and added a bit of ht silicon

I would never put a screw on a flue joint I DID NOT PUT TOGETHER !!!

On multiple jointed flies I would agree but on the job which prompted my post the flue is a standard cut down 1m length connected to the boiler turret elbow.
But my question was; is the absence of screws, even if the flue is rigid and sound, NCS or AR?

Had a gas safe visit last week he said its AR
It's because of a women that died in Wales his words not mine
No screws in a flue - AR
All Flue joints must be acess able if not AR as well

So where is the TB or email from Gas Safe informing us.
What's the point in being registered if the registration body can't be bothered letting us know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue clamp screws in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock