Currently reading:
fitting bath mixer on double skin bath

Discuss fitting bath mixer on double skin bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andyham816

I have bought a Milano free standing bath from Betterbathrooms. I have drilled the two holes in the top to take the mixer but i cannot access the back nuts due to lack of room between the two skins. Anybody got any ideas ?

So you've drilled the holes but cant get a spanner in or is that there's not enough room for the backnuts. If it's the first then box spanner, if it's the second then yo will need to make room by shaving away the plastic to make it fit.

Oops!
These baths usually have free standing taps on pedestals.
I suppose you could make the hole in the lower skil big enough to access the nut.

This is the bath in question fitted with deck mounted taps. The bath will be fitted against a wall as in the image, i was considering making two access holes in the back to get to the fittings ?

Probably the taps are fitted with a back to wall tap fitting kit.

[DLMURL]http://www.bathshop321.com/bathroom-taps/wastes/quick-release-bath-mixer-tap-fitting-kit/[/DLMURL]

Can't you fit tap extensions to the tails and fit them through a piece of timber and connect the nuts to that? Personally I'd contact the store where it was purchased from and ask them!

Last edited by a moderator:
is the overflow pre fitted? i think you would have to cut away some of the outer skin which goes against the wall.

i`ve contacted Betterbathrooms where i purchased it from and spoke to one of their "advisors" he said that the bath is made for deck mounted taps and stated that the back need not be cut in order to fit the them but he couldnt give me any advice on how to actually do it. I have taken steveb`s advice and put two 2" holes in the back- perfect, i can now tighten the back nuts and fit the tap tails easily. Thanks Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fitting bath mixer on double skin bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock