Search the forum,

Discuss Ferrolli optimax 25c - assistance pls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcniven

Alright guys

Went to this boiler today, wouldn't ignite, phoned Ferrolli told to replace control board.

Replaced control board, boiler would ignite fine however functioning was not correct, would fire but no heating or hw being produced acting very queer.

The temperature reading reached 100 oC and obviously the boiler cut out, played about with 3 port valve then tried to reignite, boiler would fire for a second then cut out, nightmare

Stripped everything down looked into combustion chamber while I had fan off to check for any debris etc, had to open a very tight red seal, put all back together when trying to reignite smelled gas instantly (seal was not sealing)

- What do you think?
- is it common when removing factory fitted seal on this boiler that it must be replaced?
- is there a reset overheat switch or something that's causing boiler to cut out instantly?

Condensate, inlet pressure all OK

The manufacturer instructions are terrible, give no instruction to removing and refitting components, technical closed at 1pm, and now I have a boiler that beat me today, and is still currently shutdown.

Happy Easter!!!

Not sure on your fault mate but the seals need replacing when you inspect these horrid things. I think there's a tech bulletin on it.

If the seals go on these it writes the boiler off, you can tell if the seals are shot because the front of the heat exchanger goes discoloured.

Hope you sort the fault though. When I worked for the council there where a few of these and I hated them. I knew where they where and funnily enough every job I had with one of these was a "no access" :)

Last edited:
any fault codes, i do know that the flow switch can be easily damaged by high temps if not enough water flow through boiler, normally a problem with new installs when pump isnt purged. sounds like you could have a failing.failed pump causing voerheat issue, but need to know more diagnostics to offer more accurate advice. pcb swap is long way down the line before occurring in my books, presume you checked electrodes and ignition probes for correct position and function etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferrolli optimax 25c - assistance pls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock