Discuss Ferroli F30 combi blowing fuse... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thevilla1

Hi folks...im new here so be gentle as i have zero knowledge about boilers! the only details i can give you is as follows..

fuse blew on the pcb....i changed fuse...blew again...ive narrowed things down a little..

hot water is working fine...but when i put the heating on the fuse blows after about 2 minutes. thats about as much as i can tell you...if theres anything else i can try to narrow the fault down please let me know.

im guessing the pump? as that isnt used by the hot water? but i dont want to guess before i buy... thanks in advance
steve

Suppose,by your name you are from the "other" side of the city ? Yup it'll be the pump, ensure you are using 3 amp fuses as you need to protect the board.

thanks guys,

1 more question... mine is the F30... would the pump be the same on the F24?

btw... im using 1amp fuses atm... all they had in b&q

The way to confirm it's the pump is to isolate the power and measure resistance across terminals on pump (remove wires ) - think it should be between 150 and 300ohms??

Live to neutral, tip for others, if external pump the resistance changes down as u use the higher speed and vice versa

so if there was a reading outside of that range accross the pump what would it indicate, faulty pump motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferroli F30 combi blowing fuse... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock