Discuss Feeder tank overflowing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andre Louw

HELP! The overflow pipe was dripping a lot. After cleaning / descaling, and then replacing the ball valve in the central heating (open vented) feeder tank, the problem was not solved. Still dripping a lot. The only other pipe connected to my tank is the pipe that feeds the heating system. I have blocked this off, and the dripping has stopped.
It seems to me that there I some sort of "back pressure" feeding water into the feeder tank. Is this possible in an open vented system? How can I solve this?
The heating is off.
I have bled all radiators.
Advice appreciated.

That is possible, I`m sure somebody will be along later around 6 - 7 pm to advise you but you might need a qualifed person as it may not be a DIY job if it is pressure related.

Good point AP, didn`t think about that. Could there be a pressure bomb about to go off? Hopefully there`s a PRV?

Sounds like he blocked of the feed to heating system!

Op, any dirty water in hot? Sounds like it could be a split coil. Is the small tank higher than the big tank?

In my experience with a split coil the water goes that 'minty' green in the F&E tank, anyone else notice that?

Do not delay sorting it or your radiators and boiler will rapidly corrode away!

Nothing from OP but does sound like split coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Feeder tank overflowing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back