Search the forum,

Discuss Extractor in toilet room? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

T

Tubbyewe

Afternoon all.
New sink and WC being added to attic room. No shower or bath. This "room" will not have a door as such but a curtained doorway (that's what she wants!) into the rest of the attic. The attic has a window that can be opened.
So do regs say I need an extractor fan?
Why try to avoid adding one I hear you ask? Just do it anyway.
Building is listed and extractor will need to go through roof, requiring a longish run and a roofer so extra expense. Cheers.

If you have big enough soffits, box the vent pipe down the wall and exit. Failing that get a roofer in to add a prescribed vent through the tiles. Failing that exit into the bedroom below 90 degree exit to hole drilled in wall. You can get a 100mm core drill.

They used to make condensing extractor fans, can find them any more.

Listed building, god help you.

Last edited:

Reply to Extractor in toilet room? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock