Discuss Expansion vessel on a flexi - illegal? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Ric2013

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Saw a photo a customer showed me of what seemed to be a flexi installed on an expansion vessel serving a small electric water heater by someone he found who was cheaper than me. I say 'seemed to be' because I'm not sure from the angle of the photo whether the flexi was attached to the vessel or elsewhere, possibly to the heater itself.

Can people with Level 3 or G3 registration please confirm whether flexis anywhere between a source of heat and the expansion vessel are absolutely wrong? Thank you.

I don't know. I think he was being friendly. He likes to chat whenever he sees me, but his English isn't good, so showing me a photo aided communication.

To be honest, I wasn't happy with the last job I did for him, so don't blame him for shopping around. I put in the cheapest tap I could find that allegedly had a British Standard and was therefore legal to install in his kitchen because he didn't want to spend much (he is harder up than I am), but I didn't like it. I put it in with copper and wish, with hindsight, I'd used restrictive flexis, as the water issued violently from the tap.

From the photo I saw of the install I couldn't tell the difference between a tap flexi and your one.

Because there isn't any! EPDM rubber hose the hose alone is not rated for the pressure. It's only the brading combined with the hose that gives it its rating. Beware. Hard pipe always best. There is now, I believe, a new super duper vessel hanging system too.

I stopped using flexis years ago because they simply do not last. Hard pipe complete with a drain point and isolator for simple servicing;)
Agreed. I meant from the point of view of attenuating flow.

Does anyone make something like this Flow Regulator Cartridges - 2.5 l/m- Isolating, Flow Control & Service | BES.co.uk | BES.co.uk that could go straight into the tap tail? Would save having to fit a specific brand of isolator just to be able to use said cartridge.

Reply to Expansion vessel on a flexi - illegal? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back