Discuss Essex flange nut size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DEMPSEY1965

Hi

Is there anyone who could tell me the exact size of nut holding in the essex flange. I have tried to measure and it's around 24mm or 1/34 inches. Just need the exact size so I can buy new.

Regards IMG_0102.jpg

Hi Steveb,

Thanks for your help. I am trying to remove the pld one to fit new,am I missing something here? What is the best way to remove old one?

Regards

why do you want to change it? is it leaking? probably just the washer needs changing.

Yes it is leaking, I disturbed while changing the shower pump, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Hi Guys,

Just thought I would thank you all for the help.

I have just finished the job and fingers crosses evertthing is ok. I did get acouple of drips but just tightened the nut a little. Still a bit nervous thoughand keep checking for leaks,just don't want to overtighten the nut. The old onewas a pig to get off but a carefully cut the insulation and then cut throughthe nut from both sides and eventually it came loose. Your help with fittingand not dropping inside was most helpful too. I didn't put any jointingcompound between the rubber washers and the tank,don't know if that is correctbut there were no instructions with the new flange. Just going to check onceagain and thanks for all your help.

Regards

DEMPSEY

thanks for letting us know how it went and fingers crossed all has gone fine with no leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Essex flange nut size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back