Discuss Electric shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent reliable electric shower?

I don't normally fit them so don't have a great deal of experience in knowing what is best. Budget is about £120 max for the shower

what kw?

also mira sport very good

Bristan do some decent ones, glee, smile at a decent price....

Mira Sport are very expensive, for all that they are.
You could try Mira Jump which will be around your max spend or less. Rail kit is tat though.
Redring Expressions newest models are very cheap and look decent.
Some recommend Triton, but I personally don't take to them.
I think you are best having a shower that has 2 separate controls, 1 for heat settings and 1 for flow, plus an on off button.
If it is a replacement shower you need to think of cable and pipe position to choose appropriate shower.

Its a new install, so pipe and cable positions aren't an issue. Just looking for the best performance and reliability for the money.

Check out galaxy showers fitted a few and seem o.k for the money.....whatever shower you end up fitting fill in the warranty card because some seem to last up to a week before the warranty runs out...lol regards Turnpin:yes:

Triton t80z fast fit, very adaptable for matching up with different shower manufacturers.
Plumbs have them on offer at the moment for £85 plus vat

i fit loads of showers and always go mira always good deal and very good if you have an issue under warranty

Mira Vie, personally, wouldn't touch triton for electric showers.

i fit loads of showers and always go mira always good deal and very good if you have an issue under warranty

But how do you find they fare beyond warranty?
I do a few repairs on electric showers and find the Miras give a fair bit of trouble, although I have to admit the odds are quite high that any shower I go to could be a Mira as there is loads out there.
The Mira Sport is not much different inside than some of the cheaper Miras. It is all marketing.
I find Mira Sports have trouble with thermal cut out due to corrosion on top of heater tank. No big deal as it is cheap.

The only reason I go for the triton is most people have a triton I've found round me, so, usually its a simple swap although new install ill always recommend a more expensive shower if they want to pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electric shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock