Currently reading:
Electric shower

Discuss Electric shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent reliable electric shower?

I don't normally fit them so don't have a great deal of experience in knowing what is best. Budget is about £120 max for the shower

Redring are mainly sold by electrical merchants round this way. No plumbers merchant i know stock them but they could probably get you one.

Cos you spoke to somebody manning a phone wcgaf

Copy and pasted...Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your e-mail.
We don't have any that would an direct replacement for the older Mira Essentials.
The J89K had inlet connections for water in the top left whereas most of our current range are middle left so it would require some adjustment, The electrical connections are also middle left on the older essentials whereas the new ones are top left so again would require work.
Best options would be the Mira Jump/Sprint Multifit 8.5kw as the unit slightly larger but as mention connections would require adjustment.

The redring seems like a nice shower but LTD places sell them and not cheap on their site. Do you get them cheaper from your merchants

The Redring Expressions Revive is under £120 inc vat for the 9.5kw.
Then there is an almost identical model that only difference is a cheap sort of rail kit and hasn't a seperate on/off button, - for only £64 inc vat.

Nothing will fit bang on to what is there but they are close enough and the box will cover anything you have to hack out lol

I always hope the cable isn't plastered into the wall, or not accessible and too short.
I don't mind having to do a bit of manovering or altering the pipe and cable, but I prefer to only ever remove or replace tiles if last resort.
I wouldn't recommend the new Redring showers as being easy for the installer to connect. Frankly they are a bit poor.

Redring are mainly sold by electrical merchants round this way. No plumbers merchant i know stock them but they could probably get you one.

Screwfix do them. Plus, as you say, electrical places here, but also some merchants stock them.
I found Redring very reliable for years, but these latest models are completely different works, so it is a gamble. Bristan or Triton might be better for all I know, and certainly can't be any harder to fit

Its a few years since i fitted a Redring shower. Grahams used to sell them but thats a few years back.

Its a few years since i fitted a Redring shower. Grahams used to sell them but thats a few years back.

I fitted Redring showers on rentals and have only had one (a basic £60 model) needing replaced and some of the better models (Expressions) needing a repair. But Redring in their wisdom have renewed their showers, so now I don't know what is reliable

I have contacted Mira and they have said my best option would be a jump but it would still need moving cable and pipe. I didn't want to get into removing tiles etc

The jump has electrics both sides. The water connection is on the left hand side but there is a track for running a pipe around inside. It's also quite a big beast but I haven't had one that hasn't covered the existing holes etc.

I fit around 5 Mira jumps a week found them to be a reliable shower although not very powerful
As in the 8.5kw model but it is an ideal replacement for most showers as the footprint is larger than most showers so covers any broken tiles.
The water inlet is on the left but it does come supplied with a section of pre-cut and bent 15mm copper with two brass elbows so retro fits everything (you have to ask or they won't give you the kit
Electrics on left and right covering all bases
The triton T80z used to be the shower of choice but had too many failures
So we only fit the jump, sport and advance.

There is so little to go wrong with the Mira Jump. It is a really sensible, basic shower inside.
The rail kit, I recall, is poor though.

The rail kit, I recall, is poor though.
Aye its pretty shyt for a Mira compared to what they used to be but they are all getting a bit like that.
For years the rails put me off Tritons and i would price mainly on Miras at twice the price and no doubt lost a lot of jobs over it (not that i cared much) but as i've gotten older i can't see it from my house so don't care anymore.
All i ask these days is cheap or not so cheap. Their choice.

So in the end I installed a mira jump multifit and it went straight on in no time with minimal alterations. Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electric shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock