Search the forum,

Discuss Dropped my cheque on the pavement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Did a little job this morning and just when I got back home and pulled into the drive my phone rang and it was some random guy who had found my cheque blowing around on the pavement 2 doors down from where i was working, he googled my company name to get my number.

I was very grateful and gave him a reward, I hope it was enough. His good deed is done for today.

I didn't even know I'd lost it. :rockon2:

My God, a Yorkshire man that has given something away, I have rang the Guinness Book of records ! But they didn't believe me, side it was a Hoax call and they were going to report it to the police. :bobby:

A friend of mine found £680 of £20 notes rolled up and tied with an elastic band.
Would have been a nice find for some unscrupulous person. It did more good to give the rightful owner back his money. He had been out with his wife and 3 young kids at amusements and obviously dropped it after he had paid for something.

Of course.
I put my van key in the same pocket as my cheque and as I pulled my keys out the cheque came with it..

I would have given him at least a tenner, - probably a £20 especially if the cheque was for a hundred or two.
Little kids nowadays want at least a fiver each just to buy an ice cream.
The guy must wish he had torn your cheque up. If you give us his address, we could all contact him and apologise about you. :smile:

If I was on Facebook I think I'd be publicly shaming you phil. Not that I'd condone anyone doing that now...

Bit off topic but a cat wandered in to my house a few months ago and wouldn't leave, I took it to the local vets who said it was chipped, left my details with the vet and a few days later the owner rang and wanted to meet me to say thanks. Met with him and he gave me a £100!!!!! For a cat!!!

Bit off topic but a cat wandered in to my house a few months ago and wouldn't leave, I took it to the local vets who said it was chipped, left my details with the vet and a few days later the owner rang and wanted to meet me to say thanks. Met with him and he gave me a £100!!!!! For a cat!!!

And now you patrol the streets in a van late at night rattling a box of kitikat and waving a tranquilliser gun?!

I once followed a bloke to a cash point and he said don't bother it's not working, next minute it pumped out about £300 I shouted mate I think this is yours and I never even got a thank you and I wish I kept the lot, so I think a fiver is brilliant and shows your gratitude.

I'd have given him £50 but that's just the kind of morally superior, relatively more likeable kind of guy I am.

I once found a invoice book from another Plumbing Company that had obviously dropped off the back of a ute.
It was a book of 100 invoices and about 80 had been filled out.
Out of those 80 invoices, probably 65 of them had credit card details written on the invoices.

I rang the company - explained what I had found and they told me to call a taxi and send the invoice book back to them.

The Boss of the company was ever so grateful because he was worried / petrified if the book got into the wrong hands the credit card details could be used.

He bought me 5 slabs of beer ( 5 x 24 beers ) and we now pass work onto each other.
I probably get 20k of work a years passed onto me now, I probably give him roughly the same back.
That was 4 years ago - so well worth the phonecall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dropped my cheque on the pavement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock