Currently reading:
Drill advice

Discuss Drill advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The_Tonk

looking for some advice about what SDS drill to buy.

Am looking at the following -
eBay - The UK's Online MarketplaceDose anyone have it or used it?

I will be using it for general drilling into concrete/brick, chiseling/tile removal which I think it should be able to handle ok.

But will also need for the occasional cut up to about 40/50mm.

Any advice or comments would be great.

Thanks

It's a good drill but I would say that buying from eBay is all well and good until something goes wrong then it might be a bit harder to get it sorted out. I got mine from Tool-Net cheaper and very good service. I have never bought anything like that from eBay though so I cant say with conviction that it is a bad idea.

I recommend this

Bosch GBH 2400 2kg SDS Plus Hammer Drill 240V | NoLinkingToThis

I bought it because it was what my old boss used and he recommended it highly. We also worked with his builder mate who had the drill too. Good price at mo too. Of course there are better drills you can buy but given what you've described this would do the job fine and last you (I've had mine years and it's still top notch)

ive found the bosch 2 kg to be a good drill as well but i use my 24v bosch for everything so seldom use corded now
but your on the right track going for sds they are so much better than chuck for drilling masonery

Last edited:
I've got the 25v hitachi. And love it

Don't bother getting the 36v. It's no more powerful. Just takes longer to charge the battery and costs £100 more

Btw I have the drill hammer or drill or hammer one, nah mean?

i have the makita, i use it all the time and only ever had one problem. some B*****d nicked my first one so i had to buy another one.

Had my van broke in to 5 times , nicked my makita 24 v then my new Bosch 24v , they ripped my strong box to pieces , in total 6 power tools went missing over 5 raids .

If only you could catch them at it and set about them with a claw hammer. Government is too soft, no wonder the prisons are full and the country's overcrowed they should execute all theives where they stand.

First time there was 3 kids in car , 2nd time 3 men , 3 rd time saw no one , 4th time 3 men , 5th time saw no one , heavy snow that day . They work in groups , I heard a story were a plumber tried to stop them , they beat him up and nicked his keys and took the van

This day of age , good locks & strong box needed before drills are bought , I thought it was my signage that caused the problem , but the last 2 times I had no signs on show

The police do nothing that's the trouble, you can take lead of a church roof and if someone calls the police they will not attend as its "too small a crime for us to bother with"

Pfft.

van sign writing won't help but if you type plumber / electrician and your home town into google you can find the home addresses of no end of tradesemen. pop along for a visit - large van in the drive - bingo.

This day of age , good locks & strong box needed before drills are bought , I thought it was my signage that caused the problem , but the last 2 times I had no signs on show
i think chingford is worse than walthamstow now wonder if we know each other?

Depends what your going to use it for really. Makita aren't a bad make, but I'd strongly recommend Hilti.
Probably a TE7 ( 110v really) is the model I'd go for, maybe bigger still (TE 60) if you want to drill larger holes a lot. As it'll burn the drill out quickly expecting it to drill 25mm+. Guess it depends what you want to spend and how much you will use it.

Never been done at home , chingford, wanstead, highgate, ikea Edmonton , wood ford

I have this drill and i will say it is very durable and great on hammer lock for removing render etc.
I also have a de-walt 24v cordless which is also good but triple the price
I would steer away from bosch ive had a few and had problems with all three ive had but thats just my opinion.

I've got a citreon dispatch , 1st two times standard dead locks , they snapped them , now got good ones , I had no bulk head , no I have . With cordless grinders nothing is safe ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drill advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back