Discuss Disaster and stress! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and welcome to the forum :)

Even if it has been registered under warranty Worcester can still refuse to honour it as the boiler is not installed to the manufacturers instructions (clearances).

You may find that they'll replace an oil pump if needed, but if the expansion vessel goes you could very well be told 'we can't touch that, too close to wall, health and safety'

Yes, it was commissioned then, I have it all filled out in the instruction manual. It states on the receipt that it is guaranteed for 7 years, parts and labour.

Thank you for the welcome, and thank you to all of you.

Fedup can you take a picture of this so we can check it for you? Welcome to the forum :)

re tiger loop, I keep getting told they are good to use even when not req as they reduce air in oil line and prevent pumps cavitating and wearing out. Not sure on that one but dont fit unless height issues involved.

Tigerloops def seem to help the oil pumps last longer.
What can't be argued is that they remove air from the oil & the oil will be slightly preheated due to the friction of the pump. Warmer oil in winter & less nozzle drip will save money. I think they are worth their price & it means the oil tank can be more hidden, being lower sometimes.

Fedup can you take a picture of this so we can check it for you? Welcome to the forum :)

The commissioning bit? DSCN1002.jpg

For my liking, the rest is rubbish, condensate hasn't been installed in accordance, as it's dripping onto the oil pipe.DSCN1009.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's going to be worth your while to get an OFTEC qualified engineer in, fedup.

Whereabouts in the country are you, one of us may be within spitting distance.

You should have a CD11 and CD10 form as well as this, and also a Building Control Completion Certificate from your LABC dept or the guarantee is worthless and your home insurance may not cover you in the event of a fire, leak or breakdown and you may have problems if you come to sell your house.

There doesn't look to be sufficient room under the filter bowl (red unit under the tigerloop) for routine maintenance and changing the filter element. Here's guessing they didn't use pipe stiffeners in the ends of the copper or test the old fire valve to check it still works either.

Last edited:
You should have a CD11 and CD10 form as well as this, and also a Building Control Completion Certificate from your LABC dept or the guarantee is worthless and your home insurance may not cover you in the event of a fire, leak or breakdown and you may have problems if you come to sell your house.

There doesn't look to be sufficient room under the filter bowl (red unit under the tigerloop) for routine maintenance and changing the filter element. Here's guessing they didn't use pipe stiffeners in the ends of the copper or test the old fire valve to check it still works either.

They are definitely OFTEC registered (croppie). They are meant to be coming back tomorrow, so I will see how it goes. I take it LABC is local authority building control? I will give them a ring as well tomorrow. The whole saga is just a nightmare, as I have scolding hot water in the kitchen, but it's not giving a hot bath, and a shower is out of the question, as they blew them up!
Wish me luck, and many thanks to you all.

To get a hot bath turn the hot tap on and then close it half way so the water stream is about the size of your little finger. Your original system had 22mm pipe to the bath from the cylinder, your new system relies on a 15mm cold water feed, so you can actually run more water through the bath tap than the system will cope with. Something I always explain to my customers and fit a valve on the bath hot feed to restrict the flow.

Where is your CD10 and CD11?

What you've photographed is part of the installation documents as supplied with the boiler.

If you don't get any success and are still not happy you could contact OFTEC and if they are registered and OFTEC deems the installation to be unsatisfactory, OFTEC may get it sorted out for you properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Disaster and stress! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock