Discuss DFE Fires in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
My weakest area of experience/knowledge in gas appliances are fires [emoji15]

Other than the hearth, I don't see any issues with this fire???? Visual inspection only.

What am I not seeing?

EDIT: ignore the coals which seem to be all over the place and not placed correctly.

55f981258b7fd5398a79482670f6d2bb.jpg

Last edited:
Did you light it?

Nope.. woman just asked me to check it visually. Said another engineer just looked at it and said she needed a bigger basket.

I said I would test the flue and if there was no spillage and the FF passed I wouldn't see an issue with the fire.

But told her I would double check regarding the basket. Apparently the other engineer said it would help with air flow. But I don't see how a bigger basket would affect the performance of the flue.

Is it a tray behind the front fret?, possibly overloaded with too many coals, is that why he wants a bigger basket.? I also can't see how a bigger basket would help airflow. The tray has to fit the opening anything bigger than you have will protrude outside the opening, risking fumes into the room.

Is it a tray behind the front fret?, possibly overloaded with too many coals, is that why he wants a bigger basket.? I also can't see how a bigger basket would help airflow. The tray has to fit the opening anything bigger than you have will protrude outside the opening, risking fumes into the room.

Exactly.. that's what I thought. Think I'll see if she has MI's for coal placement and do a flue test. Cheers stani

You will need the mi,s to check ventilation and cross sectional flue sizes ,most DFE are 100 mm vent and 175 mm flue

You will need the mi,s to check ventilation and cross sectional flue sizes ,most DFE are 100 mm vent and 175 mm flue

Ventilation is fine as they have a 100cm2 vent.. will have to check flue size.. cheers gasman

I don't think he will be able to sort out snots in a conventional flue

Shots are cement that hasn't been cut off when the flue was built, notorious on precast flues, where they physically reduced the overall area of the flue.

Shots are cement that hasn't been cut off when the flue was built, notorious on precast flues, where they physically reduced the overall area of the flue.

Ohhh ok.. no didn't see any. Flue looked ok to me. Still wouldn't require a new basket. Just wonder why the other engineer would say it needed one. Thought I was missing something.

Anyway, gonna service the fire if she has MIs and test everything and will make a judgement call if it stays on on!

Cheers guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to DFE Fires in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock