Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Damn advertising scam artists! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just giving a heads up, once again Ive had a call from a guy trying to sell me advertising space on a wallchart, this time for the Lothian Childrens Bullying Helpline ( or something like that!). So far Ive had the Police, Fire & Ambulance Charity, Disabled Trust and various cancer charities, all scams as no wallcharts exist. No doubt you have heard it before but they're active again.

yep. had a run in with one that claimed to be a childrens charity. i got off lightly and only paid £80. needless to say no magazines were sent out in my area and i never got any calls from that ad, 12 months after that i got a call from them again saying they wanted my payment details for a second year. apparently i had agreed to a second years advert with them, i denied this (i knew better this time), they said they had a recording of me verbally agreeing to pay for a second year, i asked for proof of this recording, the phone went dead and i never got that recording, so they never got their scammer hands on my cash.

now if someone cold calls me about advertising i just keep them on the phone and walk off and do something else until they hang up. :)

Where do these people get our numbers from? I've been in the game five years now but only had my own gas safe for six months and get phone calls all the time but I have never give my number out to these sort of people. I only get calls on my mobile and thats not even on the GS website. I've had the calls from "charities" but never knew it was all a scam so thanks for the heads up lads. Obviously this is illegal what they are doing but surely its not right that can bombard us with calls all the while???

They trawl yellow pages, gumtree and wherever guys advertise, its normally my mobile they ring too, usually from a withheld number,

they search the internet and directorys for numbers tom i have loads of the buggers call,they always seem to phone when your hands are full or about to solder up you struggle to get to the phone incase its a customer call and its the scammers

oddly enough, the buggers called me again today claiming to be a childrens charity thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Damn advertising scam artists! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock