Search the forum,

Discuss Corroded pipes new build in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Recently I began to smell damp in my boiler cupboard. I can see there is a lot of blue and white corrosion on the copper pipes and I can see they are slowly dripping.

On looking at the cupboard under the kitchen sink - same thing. Pipes very blue and corroded with slow dripping. The house is 4 years old but I stupidly never serviced the boiler.

Is this normal? Do pipes this old corrode? Is it because I haven’t serviced the boiler, or bad plumbing? I can’t say I’ve lost pressure but it is taking a very long time to heat the shower these days and the water doesnt seem to be as hot.

Yes pipe can corrode but usually there's a reason for this the lack of servicing hasn't helped as small issues are found and sorted out before they become serious , you will need a engineer to sort out the problems and service the boiler
Kop

First pic is under boiler, second under sink.

Attachments

• CE5FFB78-5420-4B5C-AFF4-3A5F44169BD3.jpeg
    CE5FFB78-5420-4B5C-AFF4-3A5F44169BD3.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 2921D4A9-AA62-44A3-B21C-37611D180B03.jpeg
    2921D4A9-AA62-44A3-B21C-37611D180B03.jpeg
    336.4 KB · Views: 27
They should clean up ok the most likely cause is flux residue from when the boiler was installed if there's no leakage ? then some wire wool should take it off , still get the boiler serviced and checked though . Kop

Last edited:
Hot water and a green cleaning pad

Also second pic looks like you have a leak drip on the shroud and wet plaster

As for the boiler leak fibre washer common on ideal logics

Reply to Corroded pipes new build in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock