Discuss Constant air in 1 rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

malagabob

Had a Worcester Jnr condensing boiler fitted about 6 months ago as a replacement for open vented system. I fitted a replacement but larger rad in living room and 1 same size but double panel in a bedroom.This is the one that gets air in constantly.
All other rads are original.
Have never had air problems with original system. Have checked for leaks when system cold.

Does the air smell pretty bad?

No cant say it does, but have not got my face close enough to smell anything. If it smells what would that tell me?

Move curtains out the way and try to ignite the 'air' if it lights it is hydrogen a by product of corrosion. A flush and chemical treatment will sort this.

have any automatic air vents been moved or if there were original AAVs have the isolation valves to them been adjusted

i dont think its hydrogen from corrosion as this takes a while to build up, i suspect air is being sucked in from some where, probably caused by bad pipe lay out which has been patched up, then what ever the patch was its been removed when the new boiler was put in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Constant air in 1 rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock