Discuss conservatory rad cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bob99

Got ideal classic, y plan, micro bore, grundfos 15 50 pump on 3,house 15yrs old, conservatory 6yrs old, not workd since it was installed, the conservatory rad is t'd into the dinning room rad, balanced system, i know it shouldnt be run off the dinning room rad, but so many are!

Will a bigger pump sort it out? or shall i tell the cust, they will have to put up with it?

if it is like the guys over here they draw from the nearest rad and use 15mm . I agree a balance will likely help. i cant understand why when drawing off a 28 or 22 say mid run on the system. Why is the supply not carried into the conservatory like for like and then reduced.

if it is like the guys over here they draw from the nearest rad and use 15mm . I agree a balance will likely help. i cant understand why when drawing off a 28 or 22 say mid run on the system. Why is the supply not carried into the conservatory like for like and then reduced.

just pennypinching i think mate!

Kay Jay, I have to agree toy are right I just see it as bad practice. They usually use hepworth to start with and to carry a bit of 28 and 22 along with the 15 isn't going to break the bank. It's not like they use copper in the conservatory to start with. We see this regular and find out either the electrican or the labourer complete the plumbing in conservatories and rarely a plumber. Would the spark run 1.5mm lighting on the plug circuit? don't answer that but I am sure I will come across it at some point lol.

to the OP 'piggybacking is never really a good idea. its all about the potential heat output from a rad being greater than what the water can supply in terms of its flow through specific bore pipes. iirc the uk copper board have info on their website about the length of runs in differing diameters and the max heat output that this can achieve. if rad outputs are greater than this then one or the other will always only ever be warm and never hot. the warm rad can have its temp increased through balancing but only at the cost of lost temp in the other rad.

armed with this info you should be able to explain what is happening to your customer and also work out whether balancing could help or be a waste of time by calculating heat outputs of the rads and the pipe supplies

Cheers guys. but i dont think i can throtle back the other rads any more, some are down to 1 turn left before off, its also a sealed system on about 1bar,
Bigger pump im thinking of, Bg engineer been out b4 me said needs secoundery pump!!

Can you not re-pipe the conservatory rad if you can't balance, remember most lock shields only have about 1 1/2 turns which do anything to adjust the flow after that it makes little differance, and turning them down in quarter turn intervals can make a huge difference. Adding another pump sounds like a daft idea when in principle 1 pump will do the job if the system is installed correctly to begin with.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to conservatory rad cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock