Search the forum,

Discuss Concealed shower valve, adjustable width inlets and elbow orientation in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I'm replacing an old concealed shower mixer valve which dripped. Trouble is the pipe inlet spacing is fixed at 130mm and the outlet pipe sits in between the two behind a wall panel. Finding an exact match for the pipe spacing is proving a challenge, but I've come across a few which can be either externally mounted or internally and have adjustable width inlet pipes. My question is, the inlet pipes are almost always shown pointing backward (as if they would go through the wall panel when fitted externally). If I fit internally I need them to be rotated downward to mate with the fixed copper inlet pipes, so as well as adjusting for width, do they also rotate so I can fit to my vertical pipes? The instructions never say so I assume they either all do and it's common knowledge as they adjust width wise, or actually don't!

Cheers

Simon

Do you have pipes sticking out of the wall / compression joints ?

Bit late now for you maybe, lots of them adjust for width by screwing the elbows in/out usually get about 12mm per side. The elbows seal to the body using o-rings and you can point the elbows in any direction you wish.

Thanks Ben Gee, yes it’s all installed now and hidden behind a panel. I found a valve which just fitted the existing pipe spacing with a little persuasion.

Reply to Concealed shower valve, adjustable width inlets and elbow orientation in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock