Discuss Compliancy certificate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armourer

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi All,

I installed a boiler for a mate of mine about 8 years ago (straight combi for combi boiler swop).

I really did do it as a favour and no money changed hands just went up on a weekend and stayed over for a few beers.

Anyway he has just sold his house and he has been asked to provide a buildings regs compliancy certificate.

Now I am a breakdown engineer for a company not an installer usually (although I do still have my own gas safe reg).

I filled out the commissioning cert in the back of the book and registered it with the manufacturer to start his warrenty.

Should I have done more than this? or can I retrospectivly issue something?

To make matters worse he lives the other end of the country so not easy just to pop in.

[DLMURL]https://engineers.User PlumbersForums.net Instead - Copy the content, don't link to it.co.uk/Notifications.aspx[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Register it retrospectively with GSR. Lessons to be learnt for those who do not register the installs. This is happening time and time again. Some say the HIP's are out of the window, but the building reg certs are still required. Good luck with the registration of this certificate. Had a similar situation with a part P cert and Oil boiler part L cert when trying to buy a property. They tried fobbing me off with the test certificates, told them where to go. Caused the vendor, electrician and OFTEC man loads of grief.

Last edited:
bit late for building regs notification that needs completing within 30 days of work taking place, best your mate can do is get an inspection and safety cert issued.

Cheers lads. I'll give gas safe a call on Monday and see how best to do this.

Like I said Im not an installer but it is all legit.

I am qualified and competent and it was done as a favour and no reward.

If I cannot retrospectivly do this its a **** take with the amount of cowboys out there.

Had one last week that had lost their certificate, solicitors want the cert for the house sale, Corgi won't/can't issue a copy, Gas Safe Can't issue a copy and building control don't want to know, they say the Benchmark will suffice as compliance?

Just say it was fitted pre 1st April 2005. No requirement before then. Lose the book and anything that points towards it being fitted after this date. The estate agents don't dig around much as long as they can tick a box.

Just say it was fitted pre 1st April 2005. No requirement before then. Lose the book and anything that points towards it being fitted after this date. The estate agents don't dig around much as long as they can tick a box.
Definitely agree with this there was no requirement then, you can't back date a certificate that wasn't issued then.

its his solicitor asking for information I expect, and from experience building regs were applicable re boilers when i was doing my flats in 2003 and benchmarking was around, may be wrong but you were still supposed to have kit signed off on benchmark as he did correctly. Easiest option as ever is to provide a safety cert as I seem to have to do more often nowadays when houses are being sold. Of note, no ticket can cause a no sale, and i was asked to certify a boiler on exchange day a while back before the buyers solicicitor would continue with the exchange, good little earner doing that one and delivering cert to solicitors as an extra:)

Think it became a requirement in 2005 though, prior to that isn't it voluntary so you get used to doing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Compliancy certificate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock