Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss CKR1 gas engineer new quals in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
If a gas engineer doesn't have CKR1 and has never had. How would they get it do you have to build a portfolio/ do a few days at college?

I believe you only need a portfolio to get your ACS or what ever the initial qualification is called to be eligible to test for different categories such as CKR1 and the other appliances.

It will depend on your confidence to test for CKR1. I think it has a multiple choice test which you need 80% for followed by a small practical assessment. You could be done in half a day if you don't need any refresher training

If you're already Gas safe I'm almost certain you don't need to touch your portfolio again

Reply to CKR1 gas engineer new quals in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
Hi I am looking to gain practical experience with a certified gas engineer. I was in search of an engineer to work with accompanying them to...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This...
Replies
Views
I saw on a plumerparts posts comments that the gas engineer always used an inline filter on the gas line to the boiler due to debris. I’ve just...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock