Discuss Central Heating Pipe Sizing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Whats peoples views on what pipe size i should use in the following scenario:
2 x 3 bed houses being converted into a 4 bed.
13Kw heating demand fed via a Worcester 42Cdi Combi, 550Cdi high flow or 35i System boiler - Customer undecided yet although i have recommended due to hot water demand required to go with the system boiler and cylinder.

22mm from boiler and main skeleton or 28 mm and reduce to 22mm after some of the heat load has been took off to some of the rads ?

I was thinking 22m should be fine but upon checking through various sources i keep reading conflicting advice which is making me think possibly some 28 may be needed ?

We both know that a 4 bed 2 bath property should have sys/unvented but she is adamant she wants a combi!
So you think 22mm could cope with 40kw of heat load ? That seems excessive to me.
Im not saying you are wrong at all but i wouldnt have thought 22mm would cope with that much.
On looking at various threads there is conflicting information/answers.

Whats peoples views on what pipe size i should use in the following scenario:
2 x 3 bed houses being converted into a 4 bed.
13Kw heating demand fed via a Worcester 42Cdi Combi, 550Cdi high flow or 35i System boiler - Customer undecided yet although i have recommended due to hot water demand required to go with the system boiler and cylinder.

22mm from boiler and main skeleton or 28 mm and reduce to 22mm after some of the heat load has been took off to some of the rads ?

I was thinking 22m should be fine but upon checking through various sources i keep reading conflicting advice which is making me think possibly some 28 may be needed ?
40k combi only runs at 40k when doing hot water. not sure what worcester ouput on this combi is on heating only without looking at tech specs but expect it to be below 30k and as your heating demand is only 13k boiler will modulate down anyway so 22mm all you need

Reply to Central Heating Pipe Sizing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock