Discuss Central Heating Mystery in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

potatoman

First the background
The house is rented accommodation,it was compltely rewired 12 months ago.
Now the mystery.
The gas central heating does not work correctly,
First of all the power light on the boiler is not illuminated
When the central heating only is selected via the time clock nothing happens,the pump does not work,there is no power to the boiler so no hot radiators.
When the hot water only is selected via the time clock the power light on the boiler comes on,the water pump works then the ignition light on the boiler comes on and the boiler fires and I get hot water.
The mystery deepens
When the hot water is selected, as above, not only do I get hot water but the THE RADIATORS WORK

now that's a MYSTERY

Ok, but would that explain no electric to the boiler power light,which should be lit all the time.

sounds like a worcester 15/18/24 ri, dodgy wiring, get them back, they have wired it wrong!!

The first tennants after the wiring reported no problems,they were in there for 6 months,they said everything worked ok.
I will try and find out about the type of boiler

The first tennants after the wiring reported no problems,they were in there for 6 months,they said everything worked ok.
I will try and find out about the type of boiler

Maybe they were there over the winter, didn't try to run CH and HW separately?

Maybe they were there over the winter, didn't try to run CH and HW separately?

They were there between March and September,they must have used the hot water on its own,and the rads would have come on.
May be I have two problems bad wiring and bad diverter valve ?

In my experience its good to have an idea whats going on,I will not try to repair it my self

two wires back to front on the clock its a gravity system and theyve got the clock reversed easiest solultion put sticky back plastic over the switch and write hot water where it no says heating and vice versa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating Mystery in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back