Currently reading:
Can you still fit grade b boilers???????????

Discuss Can you still fit grade b boilers??????????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cool

Can u still fit grade b boilers? Because you can still bye them...?

Only if it fails the assessment procedure, chess ?

Normally has to be a listed property or the like, Ive never had to but know of people who have.

no you cannot, and no one will register them if they did fit one except scotland.
ebay have them listed for sale to uneducated's so be wary. imo.

I was told recently that it is illegal to move a older type boiler , I bet that is one loads of people dont know about

I thought the same as above and stood my ground against the builder and customer.

The customer and the building inspector together phoned GSR and it was agreed it can be done !

I argued how do I notify the boiler move into a new extension, which was subject to building regs.

Bunch of ****s the lot of them, they make the rules up as they go along.

actually lets be truthfull here as a gsr you cant fit one if you do the full force of the law would rain down on you and the chance of getting caught are high as they have your name and address
unregistered installer then you can fit what you like and if your caught which is very unlikly the full force of the law will rain down on you
notice the only diffence is the likleyness of getting caught

My personal opinion on the question you ask is YES!

You can fit Band X to Band B ... What you can not do is register them because they do not conform to the current building regulations! My own take on the regs is that there's nothng illegal, it just isn't best practices! However if someone know's of someone being prosecuted for the offence then please let us, and myself, know :)

Although i am in Scotland where no one really cares what you fit as long as it works, my take on the rest of the country is band B's are out the window but in some circumstances, band C's can still be legally fitted.

Right just very recently been through all this malarky ,
officially you can still buy a band b boiler as not illegal to buy one .
However there is a point system at gas safe that you need to fullfill to fit a band b boiler which they tell me in theory you will never actually reach it , depends on plummage nuisance , nowhere for condense etc but as they said you wont ever reach the tally to not fit a modern condensing boiler .
Also gas safe wont do anything if you do fit band b boiler it will be building control who will simply issue a notice of you to remove from property and install band a .
However 'if' you do fit band b then building control have to be aware of it in first place.
Anyway why would a home owner want band b??? it costs more to run !!!

[.
Anyway why would a home owner want band b??? it costs more to run !!![/QUOTE]
only if you belive the hype id put the lifetime running costs of an old cast iron bf boiler as minimal compared to the cost of running a band A boiler over 30 years

I have fitted ideal classic boilers that are still going strong after 20 years many with minimal attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can you still fit grade b boilers??????????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock