Search the forum,

Discuss Can I run two nest thermostats? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys,

I have a greenstar 8000 with a nest thermostat currently site in my living room. Problem is the upstairs cools down a lot faster than downstairs.
I was wondering if I could have two nest thermostats. One on the landing set at 19 and one downstairs set at 21
I'm obviously aware I would need to limit the downstairs temperature via the radiator stats and that the downstairs nest would only be used to bring the temperature up should the downstairs drop below 21°
The obvious solution would be smart radiator valves but I'm unaware of any that can " call for heat" and are compatible with the nest thermostat. The one brand that is compatible cannot call for heat.
If I'm being a bit mad or you guys now of a better way please let me know.
Cheers Paul

Do you have three zone valves eg upstairs , downstairs and hot water ?

No zones just a bog standard system. I realise each time the boiler kicks in it will be heating the whole house. With regards to saving energy I was wondering if having two thermostats would be more efficient than just relocating the stat to the cooler area.

Nope can’t you just use an offset if the nest supports that feature eg mins 2.5 degrees off the temp

So stat will read 20.0 but will shut off at 22.5 dc

Reply to Can I run two nest thermostats? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock