Currently reading:
Can I connect central heating to a solar coil.

Discuss Can I connect central heating to a solar coil. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi all. I have a customer who has bought a Potterton 250 litre single coil solar direct unvented hot water cylinder. He had planned to connect this to solar panels but the situation has changed and he now wants to use this at another property. I phoned Potterton to ask if I can use this as a regular indirect cylinder and connect the coil to the central heating but they have said no. I cant see what the difference is and the very abrupt guy on the phone could not explain to me why this was a problem. The customer is not worried about the warranty but i just want to know if any problems might arrive. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Many thanks Brian.

Brian, if the manufacturer has said its not suitable then surely its a no go straight from the off!

If you do use the cylinder and a problem arises after then I would imagine the customer will knock on your door 1st for you to put it right.

Hi ch4plumbing. The customer is aware that the warranty would be void from Potterton and myself and is willing to go ahead but I cant explain to him why it cant be connected to the central heating and neither can Potterton. I know a lot of fitters on hear connect solar to heating with no problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can I connect central heating to a solar coil. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock