Discuss Can Anyone Recommend a RELIABLE VAN? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wild nomad

Hi all!

I'm looking for a reliable van to through my ever expanding tool kit into. Can any one recommend a good model? Size wise I'm looking for something about the size of a VW paddy (postman van). Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Mike :)

I have a 2007 Fiat Doblo 1.9. Had it 4 years and all its cost me is wishbones, tyres and front wheel bearings. But it does have 123,000 on the clock.

My company van is a doblo, don't buy one even if its free. Went with a mate to look at a new transit the other day. I looked at the connect, its w proper nice but of kit

Had a Doblo around 2003 I think (one of the early ones) great van but others I know of ate headgasket, gearbox, clutch and water pump below 60,000m, but the JLD version or whatever it was could wheelspin through the first 3 gears on a dry road and give many a car GTi cardriver a scare so great fun.

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for all the tips guys!

I've been searching around and there looks to be some good deals on the Ford Connect's. Anyone out there had any experience with one?

Cheers
Mike :)

Yes. Ok vans we had one. Blower for heaters went, power steering pump. Other than that nice van. Ours was 55 plate and went in 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most vans are fairly reliable if looked after, my van has full service history & I plan to do service every 10 - 12k with proper oil. Filters! ... Similar to boilers I guess, look after them and they don't give much hassle

I've had a Citroen Dispatch Hdi for 10 years and 220k miles, just wear an tare + ball joints. need to change soon, compact but 3 seats? I also need 10th post:vanish:

I have a caddy maxi on a 10 plate... So far it has had 1 x Gearbox (destroyed itself when reversing up a hill), Dual Mass Flywheel & Clutch (flywheel failed and took out the clutch), 1 x section of wiring loom to the rear lights, 1 x Front brake caliper.
Luckily this was all under warranty, otherwise it might have been parked through the VW dealership's window.

*Edit* Not to forget it eats light bulbs almost every other week.

Even VW are surprised at the amount that has gone wrong with it. Plus it handles like a barge and is unstable in the slightest crosswind with the roof rack and tube on top.

Due for a new van this year, will it be a new Caddy? No...
Will it be another VW? Probably not...

Might be tempted by a LWB Transit Custom though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can Anyone Recommend a RELIABLE VAN? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock