Search the forum,

Discuss C Heating water treatment ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi...we had complete CH an Baxi boiler installed 18 months ago. The small glass ? flow meters ( on boiler manifold ) blackened almost straight away. I mentioned this to the architect and builder in charge. They didn't seem interested.....we are now "Snagging" ...a small leak from one rad.. ( valve leak ). was brown / black. This has been sorted....should the system be flushed / cleaned at their expense ? What would this normally cost if I got someone else in?.....is it a DIY job? thanks

P.S. they did use "Sentinel" X100 inhibitor ...we have he empty canister...not sure if anything else as used...thanks

The system should have been flushed to the British standards when installed. Drain some water off the system into a clear glass to see what it's like.

Northumberland,....this was all installed new 18month ago...I pointed out the black flow meters to the underfloor heating...also brown water from rads ( when bleeding )...should this be redone at their expense? thanks

You would have to prove that it wasn't flushed and protected correctly by the instalers for them to be liable for the cost of a flush and re protection. It's not a difficult job but is time consuming and requires several chemicals and often 2 visits. Get a few quotes from local plumbers and go from there power flushing could be useful but not always necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to C Heating water treatment ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock