Discuss British Standards relevant to Gas appliance servicing/repairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all

I have completed my ccn1 portfolio and have covered gas fires, boilers and cookers and i have my assessment in a week or so.

On each page i have completed a description of work undertaken but it also asks me to include a reference to the appropriate british standard for the work done.

can anyone help on where can i find this info please.

Last edited:
best place to use is the MI for the appliance you have installed or serviced as there will be reference to specific MI's in the technical page, but for starters:
IGE/UP/1B TT
5440-1 flues
5440-2 ventilation
6891 pipework
5871-1,2,3 bbu's(inc different fire types)
6798 boilers
6172 cookers
6400-1 meters
7967-1,2,3,4 CO
7593 water treatment for central heating

however i would add that if the portfolio is asking for the ref material you used, it would be assumed you HAD used and confirmed all was well so you would have had them in front of you and would know the docs

Last edited by a moderator:
best place to use is the MI for the appliance you have installed or serviced as there will be reference to specific MI's in the technical page, but for starters:
IGE/UP/1B TT
5440-1 flues
5440-2 ventilation
6891 pipework
5871-1,2,3 bbu's(inc different fire types)
6798 boilers
6172 cookers
6400-1 meters
7967-1,2,3,4 CO
7593 water treatment for central heating

however i would add that if the portfolio is asking for the ref material you used, it would be assumed you HAD used and confirmed all was well so you would have had them in front of you and would know the docs

Thanks a lot for that info. All it asks for is the BS number itself. I assume this means if (for example) I did some work on the flue then that would be BS 5440-1. Next to each thing i did on the job i will say what BS that relates to.
I have time to get a copy of the standards so will complete the portfolio properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Standards relevant to Gas appliance servicing/repairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back