Discuss Brita under-sink filter with water softener? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

matt-miles

Hi all,

Really useful forum you've got here!

I'm looking at installing a water softener as we live in a pretty hard-water area (I've become quite the expert in fitting electric showers over the past year and a half!)

We already have one of those Brita under-sink filter units that supplies filtered water through a small pipe in our main kitchen sink tap - and I was wondering if this would provide suitable drinking water once we've got a softener fitted?

Thanks in advance!

M

Yes it will. As long as the supply to the tap is taken off before the softner.
Filtering softened water will have little mineral content.

water regs state that the main drinking water draw off should remain unsoftened so filter only

Really depends on which model of Brita tap you have and whether you want softened (cold water) as well as filtered water. Some models are unable to do this as most will give you hard cold water at the tap in addition to the filtered water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Brita under-sink filter with water softener? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock