Discuss Boiler for large domestic premises in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only boilers - ALL gas appliances totalled up. If you have a 65KW boiler, and a 7KW hob, you're outside domestic scope.
only other gas requirement is 6kw for the aga, this is included in the proposed set up for the 50kw boiler downstairs.which is 1 50kw boiler and the the aga so 56kw, off of meter one then 2 X 30kw on the first floor from meter 2.

It doesn't feel right to me. My initial thoughts were supply and meter upgraded to u16 then have the heat requirements for the whole house calculated and the gas side completed by a commercial engineer. But then with a quite from a domestic guy stating the above I don't want to lose out on a job of this size of it does fall within my domestic scope. And yes if it doesn't feel right I probably should go with my gut.

How far are the boilers to the meter? The 50 will need at least 35mm and depending on the run will take it to commercial ditto for the 2 30s

How far are the boilers to the meter? The 50 will need at least 35mm and depending on the run will take it to commercial ditto for the 2 30s

I'm visiting the site on Monday to do a survey, so will get the distances and spec then, I think that your right and the gas capacity will be the issue.

Right, been to have a look and this is what people are quoting for. the 1st meter will require a 9m run including fittings. This is for the 2 boilers in series (Worcester 27 system), these 2 boilers will heat the ufh on the 1st floor and the hot water cylinders.

The second gas meter has a run of 6m inc fittings. This is serving the aga 6kw, and then 2 Worcester 27 systems in series to heat the ground floor radiators.

Is this actually possible, I can't get a straight answer and don't really want to quote, start and then find out I can't sign it off. I'm leaning more towards leVing it as it does seem odd with 2 meters even though the 1st floor and ground floor are separate systems. Any thoughts or help with the regs interpretations would be very helpful.

So little update, I've now installed 2 of the GB162 commercial boilers, and in the brochure it clearly states the 50/65kw models can be installed by domestic engineers.

80kw in a domestic house on S-Plan system
It's worth noting that the 42mm 2 port required its own power supply
image.jpg

50kw (not finished)
image.jpg

What size gas meter ?

I understood the maximum size was 70kw total, whether you fit 1, 2, 3 boilers etc.

Yes but wasn't sure if the ones upto 70kw were allowed to fit as they were described as commercial, so had conflicting advice from gas safe, but Worcester confirmed that the smaller models are OK for domestic engineers even though they are branded commercial. Commercial gas guy done the gas side for the 80kw(our very own atouchofgas)

The one with tracpipe is a u6 meter as its only 50kw

Yes but wasn't sure if the ones upto 70kw were allowed to fit as they were described as commercial, so had conflicting advice from gas safe, but Worcester confirmed that the smaller models are OK for domestic engineers even though they are branded commercial. Commercial gas guy done the gas side for the 80kw(our very own atouchofgas)

The one with tracpipe is a u6 meter as its only 50kw

How did you find commissioning ??

They are and nice easy money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler for large domestic premises in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock