Search the forum,

Discuss Black Oxide, best way of getting it off a light carpet. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bostonlincs

Anyone have any tips, I cover up all the time but on occasions you get a dopey customer shuffling through your work.

Dab with blue kitchen towel, and then handful of warfega like hand wipes always works for me, just change the wipes regular away.

Elbow grease, prayers and I've used whatever i can find under the custards sink!! LOL Try not to spread it to far though! On the occasions it has happened I've soaked up what I could then used soap powder an warm water!

I use a sponge with fairy liquid, works every time but just keep dabbing lightly

how about when your blow lamp falls over just after you have used it and the tip lands on the carpet and burns it.... nope never happended to me!!! why do you ask??? LOL

how about when your blow lamp falls over just after you have used it and the tip lands on the carpet and burns it.... nope never happended to me!!! why do you ask??? LOL

Wire brush or reposition an ornament, newspaper!! :rofl:

luckily it was a flat above some shops one of which was a carpet shop. paid the bloke a tenner to repair with a piece from inside the wardrobe!!!! good as new!!!

Best way to get rid of a black stain in the carpet is to suck it with a wet vac (if you have one) then dab it with a dry towel. Then use 1001 stain remover.

Trouble is, this is so effective, it can leave a clean patch, when all around it is darkened!!

If you don't have a wet vac, just dab with kitchen towel. Then use the 1001 carpet cleaner. The point is to remove the spilt liquid before you clean, otherwise you just rub it in and spread it.

lucky you eh, in future it might be a good idea to get a professional in to clean it will score you brownie points with customer also if they ever spotted it on the carpet

out of interest how long have they bin carpeting lights???????????????

Stuff by JML is amazing for any stains. It's made with concentrated banana oil!

Some of these comments show why you guys have a poor reputation. The customer is the customer and they had a right to NOT have their home damaged! Someone has just ruined my bedroom carpet with radiator leakage and said nothing just left and sent me a bill as if it doesn't matter. I'm really upset and can't use the room until it's sorted. Thanks a lot!

Some of these comments show why you guys have a poor reputation. The customer is the customer and they had a right to NOT have their home damaged! Someone has just ruined my bedroom carpet with radiator leakage and said nothing just left and sent me a bill as if it doesn't matter. I'm really upset and can't use the room until it's sorted. Thanks a lot!

Sometimes it's the really little things in life that drive us crazy. Like unregistered posters digging up a 4 year old thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Black Oxide, best way of getting it off a light carpet. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock