Discuss Best way to become a Plumber? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anthony123

Hi all,

I'd like to be a Plumber and have considered the courses available. I have some basic experience but no certification.

I'd love to get into the trade and completely understand that experience is everything. Any ideas for a good route to take?

Thanks bod. I've fitted a kitchen, bathroom and moved rads in my own home and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I've also help a friend now and then who is a property renovator and have taking a strong interest in plumbing.

its a lot different fella then doing in your own home and helping a friend . going out doing quote upon quote until 9pm call outs at 3 am up at 6 to get into the suppliers etc . its a hard way of live mate

what do you do now

I completely agree with you bod. At the moment I work as a civil servant doing shift work including nights. I want to start up a building business of my own and have a trade that I enjoy. I have a number of friends who are suppliers of building materials and heating supplies.

There are blokes out there been doing this for years and are struggling for work matey. Getting a good customer base is important and takes a hell of a long time. It's difficult at the best of times but can be soul destroying when the bills are piling up and theres no work coming in. Just hope you don't get suckered into one of these fast track courses promising you £60,000 a year after 6 weeks training! Make sure you do your homework before you leave a steady job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best way to become a Plumber? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back