Discuss Best chemical flush? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

It's designed to be fast acting and work in only an hour. If you left it in the system for a week, the X800 would not harm the system itself, but all the sludge, rust and debris it has dislodged would get circulated around the system which is not good, and there would be no benefits.

According to Sentinel customer service, here's their recommendations:

Hi there, Sentinel X800 is designed to be flushed out within 1 hour. If you wish to leave the cleaner is for longer we would recommend using the Sentinel X400, this can be left in the system for upto 3 weeks.
Kind regards
Customer Service

True but then it can be left in, same would apply to x400 just move the rubbish around

It's on the bottle
This is from the x400 PDF

This is from the x800 PDF

X400 says it can be left in the system for upto 4 weeks. X800 doesn’t say it can be left in the system, which means it cannot.

74C2E42E-151F-46E7-A53B-5984AA6C7297.png

31859013-9B70-4282-A8CA-A55B3099B2E2.png

Ps I have better battery today ;)

Will check the bottle I've got as I'm sure it says upto a month

It's on the bottle
It doesn't say on any Sentinel X800 bottles that I'm holding right now that it can be left in the system for a week. It says under application on the label on the rear, the following:

To clean in accordance with BS7593 Sentinel X800 should be circulated with all valves open for 1 hour. After cleaning, the system should be drained and flushed through all drain points. If required, can be dosed up to 24 hours in advance......nothing mentioned anywhere about a week.

On the other point, allowing sludge, metal, rust and all the crap that X800 has dislodged to circulate in a 25 year old microbore system for a week will block manifolds, old valves, block dips in microbore pipework and make the system worse before it was flushed. Pointless.

It doesn't say on any Sentinel X800 bottles that I'm holding right now that it can be left in the system for a week. It says under application on the label on the rear, the following:

To clean in accordance with BS7593 Sentinel X800 should be circulated with all valves open for 1 hour. After cleaning, the system should be drained and flushed through all drain points. If required, can be dosed up to 24 hours in advance....nothing mentioned anywhere about a week.

On the other point, allowing sludge, metal, rust and all the crap that X800 has dislodged to circulate in a 25 year old microbore system for a week will block manifolds, old valves, block dips in microbore pipework and make the system worse before it was flushed. Pointless.

Doesn't say max how long so it's gone from 1 hour to 1 day :D

It's going to do that anyway as your not flushing just one circuit/ rad

Doesn't say max how long so it's gone from 1 hour to 1 day :D

It's going to do that anyway as your not flushing just one circuit/ rad
It's not a week and after using it , the X800 was a great success. I completely flushed it out on the manufacturers recommendation after an hour. Not a trace of anything was left circulating.

Where does it say on the bottle that you claim, that it stays in the system for a week? It recommends that X400 be used instead if longer circulation time is required. Ffs you're worse than the wife for arguing a point that's wrong.

Reply to Best chemical flush? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock