Discuss Bentone B11 burner always locking out. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the boiler later today with the intention of checking the oil pump etc & if all okay then either replacing the motor or the transformer as all else had been tried.
Luckily the boiler had been on a short time, so I first took a look at the spark & it was a lot different than previously - although consistently sparking, it was no longer a very strong spark it had been earlier tests. I have replaced the EB1 transformer in a few minutes & spent an hour & a half waiting. Hopefully that sorts it.

I went to the boiler later today with the intention of checking the oil pump etc & if all okay then either replacing the motor or the transformer as all else had been tried.
Luckily the boiler had been on a short time, so I first took a look at the spark & it was a lot different than previously - although consistently sparking, it was no longer a very strong spark it had been earlier tests. I have replaced the EB1 transformer in a few minutes & spent an hour & a half waiting. Hopefully that sorts it.

Eejit! You should've kept quiet! You know you've cursed yourself now! Hopefully you're right though.

Why haven't we got you in the Arms?

Eejit! You should've kept quiet! You know you've cursed yourself now! Hopefully you're right though.
Why haven't we got you in the Arms?

I will look an idiot if this doesn't solve it. I'll just never admit it! :smile:
Maybe some day I will join the Arms! Would love to know what goes on in that secret place. :grin:
Thanks to all of you for the advice! Just goes to show, if this works, never trust a transformer that gives a strong spark!

I will look an idiot if this doesn't solve it. I'll just never admit it! :smile:
Maybe some day I will join the Arms! Would love to know what goes on in that secret place. :grin:
Thanks to all of you for the advice! Just goes to show, if this works, never trust a transformer that gives a strong spark!

Got fed up waiting for you to get off your aristotle. I've put the wheels in motion for ya ;)

I keep a new EB1 in a case together with control boxes etc.
If it proves to have been the transformer, then I made the mistake of ruling it out because the spark (which I repeatedly tested several times on a couple of visits) was always very strong. Hard to know what approach would have been better, other than waiting for hours. Thankfully it is close to me.

Last edited:
I have come across these before when other so called engineers cant fix them so they tell the customer they need a new boiler.
hope it all works out best never easy these intermittent lockouts but we always get there in the end

Yes Kimbo, have seen a lot of fairly young boilers with brand new burners fitted where no doubt just a little part would have sorted the original burner. Or an entire new boiler as the customer probably is easy prey when they have an ongoing failing burner. I would always fix anything viable if cost isn't going to be close to a entirely new item. This time I wasted a few visits, but usually I don't take much time finding a fault - so really can't complain & I will stay easy going. :smile:

I didn't post on this as you know what your doing and I couldn't find anything that hadnt already been said, except have you done an FGA? Check its not over aired and blowing itself out.
Hopefully you fixed it anyway.

No worries Bunker, - I was only putting the question out there to see if anyone had came across similar problem.
I knew the combustion was fine, as had tested it after service & new nozzle, but it had been prior to that locking out. Burner is on a WB std utility boiler which I could set easily & firstly had been done by me at commissioning years ago. Boiler always started on press of lockout whether warm or cold start & co2 was I think above 11%, so was confident not over aired.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bentone B11 burner always locking out. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock