Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi solo explosive ignition in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Steve weightman

Gas Engineer
Visited a baxi solo 24he with explosive ignition so looking for spark electrode issue or gas valve issue or even inlet pressure but all looking ok. One thing I noticed was the programmer is faulty flicking on and off . Just a thought but would you think this could be the issue partially ingniting then not then igniting again with a build up of gas.
Cheers

I'm not that experienced with fault finding etc but if there was a build up of gas wouldn't the fan pull the excess gas out before ignition? In which case could it be a wearing fan lacking the power to clear the excess gas or not pulling in enough air before ignition?

If I'm taking complete nonsense please feel free to tell me ;)

So is the thinking that with dirty, slightly bent out of shape electrodes, the spark will be weak, causing a delay in Ignition which is resulting in a gas build up? Sorry, I know I'm not helping just trying to build up my understanding.

If I’ve think correctly the Baxi solo same thing as the potterton promax 15/2 he.

If so the Id change the electordes also make sure it not sparking on the front of the combustion case. The silicon tubes give it over time.

Make sure the condensate trap and sump is clean.

Check that type of burner you have the earlier versions had a fibre burner (it caused many issues). Id replace it for a new ceramic burner.

Reply to Baxi solo explosive ignition in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock