Discuss Baxi heat only problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Tyrrell

Gas Engineer
Just installed a BAXI Heat only 19KW in a garage as a replace,meant for an old BAXI Solo 2.
Everything went fine up until this afternoon when I tried to fire it.
It fired for a while and the flow got hot but then it shut down and the sweep button started flashing about once every four seconds. Leave it for 10 minutes and the same thing happens.
Now, I know that this is a fail;t code, and what the fault code relates to as I have the manual but I'm just a bit baffled as to why it's behaving like this.
I'm think that it could be a wiring problem as the old boiler had a permanent live and a switched live but the new one only has a switched live, according to the installation instructions.
Ideas anyone?
Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 18.09.41.jpgScreen Shot 2016-07-22 at 18.10.38.jpg

was the system heavily sludged?
i had same fault on one on a call out last winter, just about to put it dawn to the board.
i went back to pump, kicked it a few times went 1-2-3 speed settings then it worked ok there after?/?

basically the circulating/oh cut out.
just stabbing!

Hardly any sludge in it at all. Might have connected the F & R up the wrong way I suppose, but unlikely as they were already marked on the pipes.

try spinning the pump other way around. quick n easy to confirm!
Thanks, that's my next course of action come Monday :)

Today I'm off to help out with putting a new ceiling in the dojo and tomorrow I'm out to meet a few of the HD lads, one of whom just happens to own a pub about 5 miles from my doorstep :D

Hardly any sludge in it at all. Might have connected the F & R up the wrong way I suppose, but unlikely as they were already marked on the pipes.

just double check that as i have gone on previous markings in the past and they have been wrong.

Baxi Blue only have S/Live, you either have a faulty pump or pump is not getting a feed ,have you checked power is going to pump.

The pump would have been powered from the Solo2 so if the new boiler doesn't have pump supply you will have to rewire accordingly in wiring centre, also as previously mentioned I have also fitted replacement only to find F&R were wrong from existing boiler, old one worked ok as no flow switch

Wiring on Solo 2nd photo right hand L/N is pump Then its E/N/ permanent Live?/ switched Live so you need to get rid of permanent live, and put pump into switched live so that pump comes on with boiler, The Baxi blue does not have pump over-run.

Wiring on Solo 2nd photo right hand L/N is pump Then its E/N/ permanent Live?/ switched Live so you need to get rid of permanent live, and put pump into switched live so that pump comes on with boiler, The Baxi blue does not have pump over-run.

didn't need to do that in the end - just moved the pump live from 1 - 13 in the wiring centre and that seems to have done the job of getting the live to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi heat only problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back