Discuss Baxi 80e loud noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Grale

I recently moved into a new house which has a baxi 80e combi boiler. The boiler worked perfectly fine when i first bought the house. I spent several months renovating the house which hadn't been lived in for 2 years, i'm guessing the boiler was hardly ever used if at all in that time. I removed two old radiators and replaced with new. There are still three old rads in the house, and the water from them was quiet dirty but not overly bad, not too much sludge!

Anyway when i first turn on the heating, for about 5 - 10 minutes it starts making this very loud noise like a horn, after it gets up to temperature it stops until i run a tap or have a shower. it also vibrates one of the pipes entering/leaving the boiler quiet a lot. It also sometimes does this when running the taps and shower without the heating on but is not as bad.

If i turn the heating temperature up on the boiler to max via the front dial, this then creates the problem every time as the burner hits max and gets quiet violent.

I have taken a recording of the noise. I must add that the boiler runs perfectly other than this, but will definitely wake the whole house in the morning, and probably the neighbors! so i need this sorting before winter...

Anyone have an idea what this could be, any help much appreciated.

EDIT: it won't let me add my link link or let me upload my sound file

Last edited by a moderator:
:welcome: to the forum Grale :)

Honest 1st thoughts to guarantee a fix would be replace it! You're describing an issue that's could well cost you quite a bit to rectify! If it can be rectified? It could be down to muck, blockage, faulty pump, stat, many things:) Best suggestion is to pay for someone to give you an honest opinion of your installation! :)

Hi diamondgas. I have a mate that is a plumber and he said the same!
He seems to think it's the heat exchange blocked with muck. Probably when the boiler was installed it wasn't flushed.

He isn't a veteran engineer but hoped he was wrong.

How can I post the link to the video on YouTube attach the file?

How can I post the link to the video on YouTube attach the file?

I have an insert link button on my reply box, that might be in advanced mode? However noise when both heating and hot water does point to circulation issues within the boiler; pump, heatexchanger or associated pipework ... take your pick! 80e's are getting on somewhat and I'd be seriously considdering whether it's economically viable to repair :) Depends on finance etc. I'd imagine?

It won't let me post the link, thats why I replaced the / with a *

posted the link in the insert video box see if that helps[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB6gaFhxoPA[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounded like one of those things from the last world cup! Or was it the one before! The annoying bazooka's lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 80e loud noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock