Currently reading:
Baxi 105e Pressure Problem

Discuss Baxi 105e Pressure Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

purpleorange

Hi to all that can help, the above boiler when operated pressure rises to over 3 bar and expels from the prv. I have charged the vessel up and there was a new prv fitted recently. The valve on the vessel has air coming out of it so is it possible for the membrane to wear inside the vessel and therefore not perform correctly? I'm thinking down the lines of fitting a remote vessesl, just wondered what you good people thought. Thanks in advance!

It's my sister in laws house and it's void, I'm having to replenish the pressure every time I go. After watching the boiler operate, the pressure rises after 10 minutes and goes out the prv. I guess after losing so much system water it wont come on again, but it confusing because I thought if water came out of the ev it had gone, but I have air coming out?

Could be the ev, but if it's a flexi the flexi could be blocked. Does the ev get hot when boiler is on?
I think so, I'm not at the property now but I will definately check in the week. So if the vessels hot there could be a blockage in the flexi?

Did you charge the vessel with the system in its uncharged state or partially empty. May be worth checking you can't charge a vessel against an already charged system.

Did you charge the vessel with the system in its uncharged state or partially empty. May be worth checking you can't charge a vessel against an already charged system.
Your gonna slap my wrists here! Should I have totally drained the system down rads and all? I just released pressure out of the prv....so I am not getting a true reading on the gauge, is that right?

System doesn't need to be fully drained but you need to take the pressure reading with the system at about atmospheric pressure and then set it to the correct pressure with no significant pressure on the diaphragm from the system - waters largely non compressible so if the system is charged you're not going to get the correct reading.

Ok thanks to all for your input, I'll report back when I've done a correct recharge on the system, fingers crossed!

No need to either charge the vessel when disconnected from the heating system or leave open a heating circuit drain valve while re-pressuring. 0.8-1.0 bar is ideal.

You don't have to drain the system just isolate and drain the boiler leaving drain point open and then recharge,, As you pump you will here water glugging out through the drain point or safety valve depending how you drain it. don't overcharge, normaly aprox .6-1.0 bar max depending on manufacturer.
if that dose not work you will have a blockage on the inlet pipe to the vessel .
Brendan..

You don't have to drain the system just isolate and drain the boiler leaving drain point open and then recharge,, As you pump you will here water glugging out through the drain point or safety valve depending how you drain it. don't overcharge, normaly aprox .6-1.0 bar max depending on manufacturer.
if that dose not work you will have a blockage on the inlet pipe to the vessel .

Brendan..
Thanks Brendan, your advice is much appreciated along with all the others!

Dave

to check if there is a blockage in the expansion vessel charge up the vessel to say 1 bar run the boiler for half an hour to an hour or so then check the pressure in the vessel using a pressure guage you can get this for halfords they are digital gauges you just push on to the vessel and get a reading if you pressured the vessel to 1 bar before the system is heated up, once the system is heated up if the vessel is blocked it will still be 1bar if it is more than 1 bar the vessel is properly not blocked if the pressure is lower than 1bar the vessel is properly faulty

Hi, been to the boiler and opened a draincock underneath and proceeded to re-pressurise the ev. It would not pressurise and all it was doing was blowing system water out of the hose. Does this mean that my ev has 'gone' and why would air come out of the valve and not water. Is it cheaper to fit a remote ev than a replacement for the boiler? Questions questions !

Your ev gone, there is split inside. Why air was coming , because air was trapped in like radiators, if you would keep pressing , at the end you would see the water coming out. Check the price for that boiler expansion vessel i think they are about £80 + vat. remote ev is about £20 inc vat plus a few fittings and small bit copper pipe.

Your ev gone, there is split inside. Why air was coming , because air was trapped in like radiators, if you would keep pressing , at the end you would see the water coming out. Check the price for that boiler expansion vessel i think they are about £80 + vat. remote ev is about £20 inc vat plus a few fittings and small bit copper pipe.
Ok thought so, thanks for your help.

Yes, good advice,, easer to just change it,, bit more work involved,, depends what you,v got more of CONFIDENCE or MONEY!!!
Good luck...
Brendan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 105e Pressure Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock