Search the forum,

Discuss Balancing radiators or not. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all. I have a Combi green star 30i gas boiler and Was installed by helplink a few years ago to my existing system which was installed by servo warm. I have had 2 new extra radiators installed bringing the total to 8. All the radiators except the one in the hall have trv valves. As far as I know all the lockshield valves were fully open but I have been trying different ways of trying to balance the system to get the best. I have gone around and opened the lockshields 1/4 of a turn in order but the radiators are hissing. Would it be ok to open all the lock shields to fully open and see what happens? I have no issues with any cold radiators or cold spots anywhere.
welcome the advice please.

Yes try fully open and see if non heat / reduced output

The idea of balancing the system is to ensure even and suitable flow to each radiator. If you open all the lock shields up you may find the rads at the furthest destination don’t receive much flow and then you’ll need to balance again.

When balancing its best to but rarely possible to do on design outside temperature days and with the flow temperature at design flow temperature. It’s a bit warmer at the moment so if you have to balance again open all windows and doors to try and mimic full load conditions. Shuttle adjustments can be made if needed afterwards.

Reply to Balancing radiators or not. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock