Discuss B&Q Trade SummerIssue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

happyflyer

Greenstar 12i System boiler only £679.00 can that be beat at a trade counter, I never thought I would see WB selling to B&Q, needs must when it comes to sales figures, anyone can buy one even though they can't fit it. I wonder where all this will end, you could chip the boiler so only a GSR with an approved dongle can start the boiler, you guys needs to start putting some pressure on GSR and come up with some ideas, its all got out of hand. There are GSR labels all over the boiler pages, does that mean you need to show you card to buy one, anyone know???

Tony

B & Q catalogue is getting like Argos thicker every time it comes out, they are not behind the door at coming forward, the heating side is getting pretty comprehensive.

I'd still use Williams, no other place phones me up after delivery to check your order arrived ok. Now that's customer service :)

Would imagine if it is in their Trade book it will be ex vat.
On their website there is a picture of a working gas fire with the heading "unleash the diy'r in you". Lol.
I have in the past fitted a couple of their Mira electric specials and I got the feeling that maybe the parts inside them were not to the same standard as a proper merchants supplied Mira. Maybe the lesser spec was the reason that they were cheaper than usual.
I hope that the boilers are not down specced for cheapness.

W
I have in the past fitted a couple of their Mira electric specials and I got the feeling that maybe the parts inside them were not to the same standard as a proper merchants supplied Mira. Maybe the lesser spec was the reason that they were cheaper than usual.
I hope that the boilers are not down specced for cheapness.

There used to be a range called "Mira Essentials" which was sold through the sheds. It was made in indonesia, under licence. Mira would not sell that range through normal merchants. They never said why, but we can all guess.

I'd still use Williams, no other place phones me up after delivery to check your order arrived ok. Now that's customer service :)

Yes happy but if you go and collect its all there one stop shop, you got to admit they are making headways, think they run out of steam after 22mm

Yes happy but if you go and collect its all there one stop shop, you got to admit they are making headways, think they run out of steam after 22mm

Aye dude they are getting better but it's like they are trying to compete with screwfix( who they also own) and some of the other big guys.
I like to support the smaller companies TBH not a fan of big monopolies.

Wonder what sort of warranty you are getting ? and will Worcester call out if it go's wrong ? One boiler they sold the manufacture wouldn't put any warranty on it as B&Q screwed them down on price

An Orange n Black shed screwed a macerator manufacture right down on price a few years back so low quality parts were used - Just a rumour but a very well known one non the less.

Went in to get some 28mm clips needed 5 today. 2.98 and the were cheap tosh!

Normally carry up to 35mm school board and talons but ran oot!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to B&Q Trade SummerIssue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock