Currently reading:
Anyone worked on a Worcester Greenstar HE

Discuss Anyone worked on a Worcester Greenstar HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAH HEATING

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Called out quite late last night, didn't have time to spend too much time on it and said I'll return Monday

Basically, the tennant says the boiler is fine of a day, but of a night it keeps going to EA..

I thought it could be a pressure problem at first, but the WP and IP are fine.

Only removed the case to have a nose, basically it fires up and then pretty much cuts out, then fires up and does the same for about 4 times ?

Was thinking probes and possibly a board myself ?

Anyone had this before ?

Electrodes burn out to a very small bit of metal, which you can check by pulling them out the heat ex, but I would also be checking the gas valve adjustment with your FGA.

Press and hold the spanner button. Move the dhw temp control knob until the display says 2.0. It will then flash 0. Change the 0 to a 1 for minimum and a 2 for maximum fan speed using the CH temp control knob. The CO2% should be 9.2% on min and 9.8% on max +/- 0.2%. Then once you have adjusted the valve using the red throttle adjustment under the grey cap on the black tube going to the fan for the max and the screw on the front of the gas valve behind the white cap for the min, turn the CH temp control knob back to 0. The burner should go out. Then press and hold the spanner to put the boiler back in to standby.

On quite a few occasions I have found on min that the valve is out of adjustment and it won't stay lit on low fan speed.

Last edited:
Using the test menu as above you can get a electrode condition read out from 0 to 3 basically 0 or 1 reading replace electrode assy, only check this reading after FGA checks on high and low co2 as Arran has pointed out above!

in the real world if they ain't been changed for 4 to 5 years for NG OR 3 years for LPG change anyhow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone worked on a Worcester Greenstar HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock