Search the forum,

Discuss anyone fancy blowing up parliment? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

how about nov 5th?

just intercepted a letter to my lad from DWP as they stopped dissability payment 6 months ago so hes been without any income/assistance since then! its an assesment consultation interview to see if his mental disability on the autistic spectrum has got any better or hes puttting it on. FFS!!!!!!:angry_smile:

Too indiscriminate. There are a handful of nice sorts in there. Be better off waiting until the next Tory conference.

how about steeling the silver ? much better payout

I just don't know how to square the circle.

Its absolutely clear to me that some people abuse the system.

Some do it shamelessly, but I think some just drift into a life of abusing the benefit system because their friends and family do it, and it just becomes a way of life.

So there has to be some way of rooting these free-loaders out.

Unfortunately, no-one seems to be able to design a system that roots out the freeloaders, but treats those genuinely in need with humanity and respect.

Either its so toothless that the feckless easily slip through the net, or its so draconian that the innocent get swept up with the guilty.

I honestly don't know what the answer is, but I know that those who abuse the system are stitching up the taxpayer, but they are stitching up the genuine claimants even more.

Well then it comes down to on which side you err. I'd argue you protect the vulnerable at the risk of the system being abused until such time as you can devise a more exacting system. A Tory balances the books the other way. People like Redsaw's son are justifiable collateral damage, eggs that must be broken for the good of the greater omelette.

Last edited:
I just don't know how to square the circle.

Its absolutely clear to me that some people abuse the system.

Some do it shamelessly, but I think some just drift into a life of abusing the benefit system because their friends and family do it, and it just becomes a way of life.

So there has to be some way of rooting these free-loaders out.

Unfortunately, no-one seems to be able to design a system that roots out the freeloaders, but treats those genuinely in need with humanity and respect.

Either its so toothless that the feckless easily slip through the net, or its so draconian that the innocent get swept up with the guilty.

I honestly don't know what the answer is, but I know that those who abuse the system are stitching up the taxpayer, but they are stitching up the genuine claimants even more.

That's exactly what I was trying to say. But failed.

Well then it comes down to on which side you err. I'd argue you protect the vulnerable at the risk of the system being abused until such time as you can devise a more exacting system. A Tory balances the books the other way. People like Redsaw's son are justifiable collateral damage, eggs that must be broken for the good of the greater omelette.

Ray's theory of politics.

1) No-one who wants to be a politician should be allowed to be one.

2) 600 adults should be chosen at random - like jury service - to serve in parliament. There would be 100 drafted every 6 months so there would be a steady turnover, and no massive changes.

3) The 600 would have to choose ministers from amongst their number, but would be limited to choosing experts. In a sample of 600, there will be several doctors, nurses, ambulance drivers etc. The minister of health would be chosen from that number. Likewise the business secretary would be someone with business experience, the defence secretary would be a serving or ex-serviceman and so on.

4) During their time in office, they would be paid exactly twice what they earned in their normal job. Once their time was up, they could never hold another public office, but would be exempted from tax for life.

5) Accepting a bribe, or attempting to bribe one of them would result in life imprisonment.

6) No party politics would be allowed.

7) As the scheme designer, Ray is excluded for ever from the draft. :)

Sorted

The dole dossers & fake disability claimants ruin the system for the genuine thus the govt put everyone into the same pot.

Ray's theory of politics.

1) No-one who wants to be a politician should be allowed to be one.

'Those who seek power are not fit for it'
Problem there is that people who resent their work are probably worse at it than those who relish it for improper reasons

2) 600 adults should be chosen at random - like jury service - to serve in parliament. There would be 100 drafted every 6 months so there would be a steady turnover, and no massive changes.

So there is nothing to say for experience? Which is perhaps the most prized and coveted thing a worker can bring to work in every other job? If the job is that easy, best to do away with it.
Plus juries are a terrible idea. One of Dawkins better essays:

[DLMURL]http://satdude.com/4don/ebooks/Popular%20Science%20Books%20Collection/Richard%20Dawkins%20Collection/Dawkins%20Articles/Trial%20by%20Jury.pdf[/DLMURL]

3) The 600 would have to choose ministers from amongst their number, but would be limited to choosing experts. In a sample of 600, there will be several doctors, nurses, ambulance drivers etc. The minister of health would be chosen from that number. Likewise the business secretary would be someone with business experience, the defence secretary would be a serving or ex-serviceman and so on.

Expertise is bias.
In Yes Minister, when Hacker says "Ministers are not experts. They are chosen expressedly because they know nothing," the joke is on him. But there is a great deal of truth in that.

4) During their time in office, they would be paid exactly twice what they earned in their normal job. Once their time was up, they could never hold another public office, but would be exempted from tax for life.

So when Simon Cowell and a cleaner get randomly chosen, their pay should be...?

5) Accepting a bribe, or attempting to bribe one of them would result in life imprisonment.

Draconian, unworkable, I'm up for it.

6) No party politics would be allowed.

How would you distguish between unity, solidarity and party-forming?

7) As the scheme designer, Ray is excluded for ever from the draft. :)

Fair point.

Sorted

Last edited by a moderator:
my disability test scheme would involve guns n hounds, those that tried to run but fail pass, those that sprint get shot along with those that refuse to play.

there may be a couple of weaknesses with this policy :)

I think its disgusting how this country treats people with disabilities/mental illness, everyone is suspect of fraud and trying it on for free money,

Using my old next door neighbour as an example.

He was too ill to work for 2 reasons, he had a bad back and he had "depression" but his garden was always pristine and he also mowed a lot of the neighbours gardens he offered to do mine if I payed him £5 a week (I told him to F off) also when speaking to him after a particularly sh1tty day at work he said that he couldn't work as he tried it and had a bad day then just walked out! My response was you are effing kidding me, I have days like that once a effing week but I still go and do the work, you should go and get a effing job and stop sponging off the likes of me!

Unfortunately there are far too many like him that are too lazy to work, nothing to do with illnesses and until they have been weeded out and made to go back to work then everybody has to be treated the same. It is unfortunate for the honest people and I do feel they get a raw deal but it has to be done at the moment.

Also am I the only one who now has visions of pizza vans with blacked out windows now sitting outside redsaws house listening to everything he says? Lol.

how about nov 5th?

just intercepted a letter to my lad from DWP as they stopped dissability payment 6 months ago so hes been without any income/assistance since then! its an assesment consultation interview to see if his mental disability on the autistic spectrum has got any better or hes puttting it on. FFS!!!!!!:angry_smile:

I'm free Nov 5th.

Do you want me to bring the fertiliser or diesel?

Seen elsewhere: To make your neighbours paranoid, rename your home wifi "MI5 covert surveillance vehicle ZC-16"

haha, i was employed by ''comunications'' the home office in 1990 for a while for my exquisite skills ;). my payslip had mi5 whitehall w1(?) on it, really covert that was just watching postie walk up the drive.lol
was earing twice what i do now for 30hr week, if i ever find an old payslip i will stick it on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to anyone fancy blowing up parliment? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock