Currently reading:
Anyone bought a van from.....

Discuss Anyone bought a van from..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Sorry mod's I know it's not in the right section but I need as many people as possible to view this. Please can you leave it up for a day in the busiest section!

Anyone know of or dealt with a company in Reading called Anchor Vans?

They are offering a van which seems like a good buy, but also a delivery on a no good don't buy scheme.

I wouldn't normally buy a van like this but I need a van ASAP and don't have time to get up there and back and the model I am looking isn't available locally.

Just need some feedback if you know or have dealt with them in the past, I will delete the post as soon as I can, hope that's OK!

Cheers, Sam

No idea about them I'm afraid. I was wondering if it came with a free knob of butter?

Wasn't mentioned but I might try and haggle it into the deal !

Actually, hows about looking at it from a different angle, anyone recommend a garage in the south they have bought a van from?

Actually, hows about looking at it from a different angle, anyone recommend a garage in the south they have bought a van from?
The problem with vans is that one mans recommendation is another mans nightmare. Have you thought about lease hire from one of the reputable online companies? You get a brand new van and all maintenance costs thrown in for the price.

Yeah I have but it's a new venture system3 so keeping overheads as low as possible. I've secured a bank loan which equates to about £150 a month compared to £220 a month lease.

Just typical that all the vans i want are miles away and i've been disappointed before where you travel 150+ miles to view a turd of a van which was supposed to be immaculate.

The price of diesel these days makes it an expensive mistake and I really can't afford to waste the time or money. It's pot luck at the end of the day, although I am pretty clued up with what to look for and can get my hands on a snap on diagnostics do dah but a recommend goes a long way.

Whatever you decide upon take a good knowledgeable mate with you or you can end up buying a turkey and be stuck with it.

Yeah like I say i've learnt from previous mistakes. Probably the thing I hate doing the most, buying second hand vehicles!

Northstar commercials in Worthing have a good reputation around here.

I bought a VW t5 van off them in a rush 4 years ago, cracking van great service history only 3 years old.

In 15 months I spent nearly £1500 on repairs in warranty but not covered :shocked:.

Sold the van to a mate who had a full inspection before he bought it, same van has cost him over £4500 grand since.

Moral of the story, cut the wifes phone bill in half and lease/buy a new van.

and battle with the depreciation the moment you hold the keys...!

I've had a new van before and always swore never again! Pot luck I guess..... wish me luck :driving:

and battle with the depreciation the moment you hold the keys...!

I've had a new van before and always swore never again! Pot luck I guess..... wish me luck :driving:

Yes,hope it all goes well for you and you get the van you are after and it is a nice reliable motor ...also hope you are getting a bigger van,so you can carry rads and stuff to jobs and not so you carry more junk about with you,which a lot of us plumbers are guilty of

I went for a new van as save over £100 on diesel a month compared with my old expert and save on the big yearly get through mot bill,so worked out not costing much,if any more

Cheers Puddle,

Tough climate to start a new venture, been there before but not like how it is now. Got no choice if i'm honest, got laid off as old company closed the doors, nothing out there really. Had an idea i've been working on over the last few months so going to take the plunge.. bricking it if i'm honest, one of those make or break situations with a lot at stake!

Obviously tying myself into a contract with a relatively high monthly pay back is adding to the risk so looking for something that I can always sell on easily and with minimal loss if things go Pete Tong.

I'm downsizing from a VW crafter (company van) so it's going to be a struggle finding a home for all my gear!! LWB would fit the bill but they are rare to find in my limited price range!

Jeeez nothings straight forward is it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone bought a van from..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Replies
Views
davevincent
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock