Currently reading:
Any one had dealings with 'heating-quotes'?

Discuss Any one had dealings with 'heating-quotes'? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DustyM

Had an email the other day from a company called 'Heating-Quotes' - Get some heating quotes
Basically a referral service, charging £7 per lead; with all leads promised to be personally qualified by the company prior to passing on the details. Anyone heard, or had dealings with these guys before?

did you pay anything up front?

No, they just wanted details of quals, experience, type of work I'm wiling to do and area I cover. They also wanted to know how much I'd charge for different types of job but I didn't full that in as I don't like quoting blind!

how come as plumbers we nearly always give free quotes and by rights we should charge for them.

to now paying for the privilage to give a quote........
hows that happen?. who let these maggots into the game???

how come as plumbers we nearly always give free quotes and by rights we should charge for them.

to now paying for the privilage to give a quote........
hows that happen?. who let these maggots into the game???

The joy of being a Plumber ! Everything you do in this trade you have to pay for ! From day one you have people on your back wanting to charge you for somthing, Even your customers will try and get somthing off you ! (quotes / call backs / discount) do you see them in Tescos asking if they can pay next week ? or wanting a discount for cash !!

Gave up on free quotes a while back; pretty much every single one was in the evening when the customer was home from work (and I was ready to relax at home), often having to tip toe around the house as the lady of the manor was watching Eastenders etc, and didn't want disturbing...........I charge a flat rate now, no more freebies!

One or two have complained, but once I've explained that I'm doing a minimum of an hours work for the larger quotes (measuring up, discussing materials, needs etc), then they have seemed to realise that it's fair. I should have added that if they accept the quote and want me to the actual work, that I don't charge for the quote. At one stage I was going out to lots of quotes, but not getting any work from them, as the customer was always choosing the cheaper (unregistered) quotes from less respectable businesses; but I have stuck to my guns so to speak, and eventually it's paying off.

I signed up a while back and got 1 lead - tried making contact with the customer and never got through - ive cancelled - says it all really, dont bother mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any one had dealings with 'heating-quotes'? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back