Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Anna - Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

annacorrianda

Im really sorry, but I have no idea how to create a new thread so I hope its OK to jump onto this one. I'm also in need of a quick answer. This morning, around 09:00, the flat above me had a major issue with their bathroom tap - they couldn't switch it off so all that water ended up in my flat, joy! It came through both my bathroom light fitting and my kitchen light. I quickly switched my electricity off and called my landlord by no answer, double joy! Its now 18:50 and Im about to leave work. I have since got hold of my landlord who says that by now it should be OK for me to switch the electricity back on and see if it works. I must stress, there was a lot of water, almost half a bucket full collected from both rooms (and even started to seep a little down the walls). My work colleagues think that I should leave it to dry out before even attempting to switch anything back on, and I agree with them. My flat mate is away at the moment so I really don't want to be on my own when I electrocute myself. I really hope someone can help! Many thanks, Anna

Sorry for your situation Anna , but we can't really answer as if we did we could be held liable , where there's blame there's a claim I suggest you tell the landlord to come round

Tell the Landlord to come around and switch it on himself or for him to get an electrician in to test it all out.

I would tell the landlord you need an electrician to come and turn it on, and test the circuits, he shouldnt be telling you to turn it on after a flood, there could also be a risk of causing a fire in my opinion, this would probably have been better in the electrical section of the forum.

I just realised I posted this on the wrong section - sorry - I've just reposted in the plumbing one. But thank you for your advice, and I completely understand that you can't really comment either, but just from these quick replies I would rather be safe than sorry. Thank you very much for your help though. I really appreciate it. Thanks again, Anna

What a lovely ,polite,lady hope you get it sorted Anna regards turnpin:biggrin:

The only comments that I can add are: that when I worked for a social landlord and we had a call to a job that you are describing we were sent in tamdom with an sparks so he could check out the electrics while we looked at the leak!!

Also it is the landlords resposibilty to ensure that you are safe in the property that you rent from him!! so if he so sure that it is safe to turn on let him turn it on!!

hope you sort it out!

Nasty situation, just turn off your consumer unit unti a sparkie has tested it all and proved its safe. Worst scenario is a fire and no one wants that. The landlord is being a pain, but it needs around 24 hours to allow it all to dry out anyhow, just kick your landlord untill a sparkie arrives and makes you feel safe. Then go up stairs and point out to your neighbours where their stopcock is and how to use it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anna - Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock