Discuss Alpha hot water Diaphragm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diamondgas

Hi folks, Just a quick question...

Got a phone call yesterday; "heating fine, no hot water..!"

The boilers an Alpha Ocean 240E. I've not had the privilege of working on one, or if I have it has long been erased from the memory banks..... Now looking at the mi's the water section and diverter valve looks very much like the Baxi 105e 80e etc. what I'm thinking is that the diaphragm may have failed on the boiler in question. I carry a couple of baxi diaphragms... Will they be the ones to do the job should it be the diaphragm that's failed? Are the Alpha and Baxi diverter valves the same? Anyone know for sure? I'm going there 1st thing monday and would rather not have to divert via Parts Center if possible ...:)
It might turn out to be something completely different but it'd be good to know I have something on the van should it be the diaphragm!

Many thanks for your replies :eek:

Steve :)

Hi Steve
Yep they are the same water sections. Only difference is pressure gauge take off but this part can be swapped between boilers. Sometimes Alpha parts come up cheaper than Baxi bits.
Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha hot water Diaphragm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock