Search the forum,

Discuss all had a good xmas, I spent some of mine at sea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

brilliant lunch, wife and daughters did well, son/daughter in law and granddaughter all turned up at 3, and off I went to search for missing idiots at 4. several people in a rib gone missing............. seems they might have had a few............ seems they made it ashore and went off home............ still I needed a ride in an orange boat at Xmas, along with an ILB and helicopter searching for them.. Good thing is that unlike last year at this time, no one died, silver lining in there somewhere.

Happy Xmas team :)

did wonder if a Mr J Croppe esq had been on the phone to the coasties when the pager started bleeping at me :):)

Last edited by a moderator:
Respect due. Not enough gets said about the great work of the RNLI. Saved my arse out in the Solent several years ago. Should get more recognition in my opinion.

Respect due. Not enough gets said about the great work of the RNLI. Saved my arse out in the Solent several years ago. Should get more recognition in my opinion.

Well said, even if some of the volunteers are a bit "suspect"

best reward has to be getting folk home ok, also getting home yourself is a bonus :)

Although i am a member of the RNLI, i haven't actually had a conversation with an operative or crew, but as you are my vision of the average crew all i can imagine is that its run by grumpy old farts who really know how to moan like a professional........having said that Jon, we really appreciate the voluntary work you boys and girls do and we love you for it........Merry Christmas to you and the RNLI.

And more turkey sprouts and beer....lol good job Jon respect to all RNLI crews regards Turnpin:smile5::santa_smiley:

Although i am a member of the RNLI, i haven't actually had a conversation with an operative or crew, but as you are my vision of the average crew all i can imagine is that its run by grumpy old farts who really know how to moan like a professional........having said that Jon, we really appreciate the voluntary work you boys and girls do and we love you for it........Merry Christmas to you and the RNLI.

thats rather nice, I think :)

I agree, they were always there when I was in the navy, its scandal is that its funded by donations whereas subsidising food and drink for professional mud slingers in Westminster is met by the public purse. Go figure..

and the missus is moaning that a call came in xmas day and one boxing day but didnt want to do them!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to all had a good xmas, I spent some of mine at sea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock